- Soroush's post on programming books: Resources For New Programmers
- Domain-Driven Design: Tackling Complexity in the Heart of Software, by Eric Evans
- Entity vs Value Object: the ultimate list of differences
- Value vs Entity Objects in Domain Driven Design
- Soroush: The Value of Value Objects
- The Swift blog: Value and Reference Types
- Tiny Types
- Soroush's post on enumerations
- Facade Pattern
- DDD: Aggregate
- Strategy Pattern
- Domain Driven Design and Development in Practice
- Episode 3: View Models, Again
- Episode 6: Singletons
A responsibility is an axis of change — a potential motivation for change.
Singletons get a bad rap. Why? Should you use them in your application? And if you've inherited several of them, what should you do?
- Singleton Pattern
- A Controller by Any Other Name (Soroush)
- The Sin in Singleton (Ben Sandofsky)
- singletons.info (Chris's blog posts and other links about singletons)
static letto create singletons in Swift
- Avoiding Singleton Abuse (Stephen Poletto)
This week, Chris and Soroush finally get to the topic they've been waiting for since they started the podcast: reactive programming. Chris gives a high level intro, and they dive into Q&A.
- How Chris and Soroush met
- RACMarbles, which is RxMarbles with RAC terminology!
- A General Theory of Reactivity
- Accidental vs. Essential Complexity (Paper PDF)
- Reactive tooling for iOS/macOS
- The ReactiveCocoa repository contains excellent documentation for the framework and reactive concepts in general
- The introduction to Reactive Programming you've been missing
- ReactiveCocoa Concepts for Asynchronous Libraries
This week, our boys talk about promises: where do they come from, and what they are good for?
- Soroush's post about the experience of writing a Promise class
- Soroush's follow-up post about how easy it is to build cool things with promises
- WWDC video for improved GCD in Swift 3
- Chris Lattner's retrospective on Swift 3
- “First class concurrency: Actors, async/await, atomicity, memory model, and related topics.”
- “Lifetimes” in Rust
- Async and Await in C#
- Common iOS Promise libraries
- Soroush's Promise library