Soroush interviews Chris about his experience writing Python at work over the past couple of months.
Chris was wrong about something! Python is not pass-by-reference; see Is Python call-by-value or call-by-reference? Neither.
- Pyramid Web Framework
- Google App Engine
- Python 2 or Python 3
- Unicode in Python 2
- Uncle Bob - The Dark Path
- Our episode on Tests and Types (Patreon-only)
- “if you ignore uncle bob's terrible opinions on women, you can fully appreciate how terrible his opinions on software are” — @pasiphae_goals
- mypy: “an experimental optional static type checker for Python”
- Truth Value Testing in Python (2.7)
- Soroush: Falsiness in Swift
- Python Anti-Patterns: Using a mutable default value as an argument
- Python List Comprehensions
- Stack Overflow discussion: Python List Comprehension vs Map
- Python Lambda Functions
- Is Python call-by-value or call-by-reference? Neither (Chris was wrong about this!)
- PEP-8: Style Guide for Python Code
- PEP-20: The Zen of Python
- PEP-0: list of all PEPs
Get a new Fatal Error episode every week by becoming a supporter at patreon.com/fatalerror.